Wednesday, July 2, 2008

M.I.A./O-town trip

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?

I got to go skating for once? How did that happen?

(i requested this weekend off 3 weeks ago...thank God)


So I call up my friend, Kevin Shealy, asking where he wanted to go. Miami is his answer. I was a little iffy on that, considering my last trip ended with Dorsa and I in jail...tighttttt. Anyways, got some people to go with us (Steven, Dylan, and Juan the filmer). Started at Bayside, which I never knew was a warm-up spot.
Steven got this 5-0 on triangle:
5-0

But shortly after that, more lil ones show up at the spot, resulting in a boot from the cops. Which happened the rest of the M.I.A. trip. Awesome...
check out the tat

Orlando was the next stop for my vacation. Leca and Cordell decided they would like to join in on the fun. Eamon too, but he had already left and was in Orlando at this particular time. At 4 A.M. we arrive in O-town, in old memories Apt.305. Awwwwww...my room is still a mess

We started getting our skate on at some gap in Longwood (i.e. "Longwood Gap"). Leca was throwin this beautiful tre's down,
"GET IN DA PURPLE CHOPPER!"*
but only stuck on it. I still heart you dude...DBL...

Thanks to the rain, we had to head back to the apt. and wait for it to stop and dry. After hours of waiting, we decided to go to that one rail in UCF. Shealy and Leca were getting some tricks ready for it, but we got the boot from some UCF cop who decided to listen in on our BME Pain Olympics 2 conversation before letting us go. Kinda odd...

But all I got is this warm-up photo (hence all the crap laying everywhere):
Holy Fisheye

The next day met us with Dorsa, Stencil, Joe, Randy, Travis, Matt Blast, and Jack. We skated some bank spot and people got clips. I shot MF there, so...coming soon...

Then we went downtown and decided to get this shot with this kid:
BFFs
...rad

We tried to skate the rest of downtown, but ended up getting stopped by a downtown cop and getting tresspassing warnings from the garage. Lame...

Instead of skating downtown Orlando, we decided to skate downtown Winter Park, which is still technically Orlando, but whatever...

Travis, Randy, and Shealy all got some nice clips (especially Travis' last clip). I would have photos here of the sesh, but I'm waiting to see if they are good enough for print. Cross fingers...

And now I am back home, gonna drop off film tomorrow and hopefully get in soon. So, until then...byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

No comments: