Saturday, August 23, 2008

super cool your water before skating!

and this is the text from the youtube info

After watching some videos of people supercooling water, I had to try myself. This is my third try using Fiji water, all successful.

[Edit x 2] Wow this video still gets views and replies. And with all sorts of accusations and stuff. Alright then...

For this to work, water needs to be PURE. Few water packaging companies purify their water enough for this to work. I don't know who, but Fiji is one of them. If you don't want to buy purified water, you goto distill it. Buy a water filter. A good one. I've heard that the smoother the bottle, the better, but I've also seen this trick done with water bottles with waves and other designs in them so I don't know. I suppose it lessens the chance of the water being disturbed while in the freezer.

So what you do is take pure water, put it in the freezer, leave it there over night. Take it out in the morning and it will still be liquid. Then you shake it and flash-freezing will occur. That's it.

I will add that the ice won't be a solid in flash freezing. What you'll end up with is a slushy.

Onto other things: This is not fake. I don't have any special effects experience. I didn't put anything under the cap, this was an unopened bottle of fiji. I tried to zoom in to show that, but it was too blurry. This won't necessarily work. I know I've done this several times and sometimes the water froze in the freezer.

No comments: